What is Skin Resurfacing
Resurfacing is a technique for removing the topmost layer of the skin, leaving it supple and vibrant. Dr. Barnthouse uses the DiamondTome Wand, which removes this layer of skin by gently exfoliating the skin with natural diamond chips, while at the same time vacuuming the dead skin cells away in a sterile and controlled manner. Removing this outer layer of skin cells leaves a smoother texture and promotes the growth of health new cells.
The Advantages of DiamondTome™ Wands
Resurfacing is a wonderful alternative to laser or chemical peels because it is non-invasive, non-surgical and requires no downtime after treatment. Normal activities may be resumed immediately. Your skin will have a radiant glow, free of irritation and loose particles. Patients experience softer, smoother and cleaner skin after the first treatment. Treatment series vary from four to ten sessions, depending on the condition being treated and type of skin.
- Sun-damaged skin – face, neck and shoulders
- Age spots - hands and face
- Reduction of minor to moderate early aging fine lines – eyes and forehead
- Blending of cosmetic surgery or laser treatments
- Reduction of acne scarring
- Extraction of blackheads and whiteheads
- Minor scar revision
- Hyperpigmentation reduction
- Oily skin
- Rejuvenation of skin health